Platinum Points Help Request
Need assistance using your Platinum Points?
We can help you remember all the little details you may have forgotten, or maybe you never knew. We're here to help you get the most out of your Platinum Points.
Please complete the form to the right and click "Submit" to receive an appointment for personalized instruction, or call us at (800) 240-9342.
Platinum Points FAQS
Your “use” year is based on the calendar year. Your ownership points are allocated on an annual or biennial basis (odd or even year usage). You must contact Owner Services between January 1st and December 31st to make a reservation for a Welk Resort or accrue your points for use in the future, or your ownership points will expire on December 31st.
Please call Owner Services at 1.800.240.9342 for any of your ownership questions. We will be able to advise what reservations you have booked and how many points you have left in your account to “use” during the year.
• Please notify Owner Services at 1.800.240.9342 prior to August 31st to carry over 100% of your unused points to the following year.
• Your accrued points may be used to extend a vacation, upgrade to a larger size villa or combine with unused points to deposit with an exchange company. Contact Owner Services at 1.800.240.9342 to discuss your options.
• Yes, you may borrow points from a future year. These points may be used to extend a vacation, upgrade to a larger size villa or combine with unused points to deposit with an exchange company. Contact Owner Services at 1.800.240.9342 to prepay Homeowners Dues for use of borrowed points.
• Your “use” year may be reserved for a week at Welk Resorts fifteen (15) months prior to the requested check-in day (7-night increments based on resort check in days).
• You may reserve split-week reservations four (4) months prior to the requested check-in day (2-night minimum) except major holiday weeks which you may only reserve less than 60 days from check-in date.
· The daily breakdown for points is as follows: 25% of a weekly point rate is used for Friday and Saturday, 10% of a weekly point rate is used for Sunday through Thursday. This equals 100% of a weekly point rate.
· All cancelled or changed reservations will be charged a $50 fee.
· If an owner cancels/changes more than 2 months from the occupancy date, all the points are returned to their account with no reservation restrictions.
· If an owner cancels/changes less than 2 months, but more than 7 days from the occupancy date, 100% of the points are returned to their account, and the points can only be reserved in a 60-day Reservation period.
· If an owner cancels/changes less than 7 days from the occupancy date, 50% of the points will be returned to their account, and the points can only be reserved in a 60-day Reservation period.
· You may accrue points to next year or you may borrow points from a future year to use in combination with ownership usage year points. If you wish to borrow points from a future year, Maintenance Fees for that year must be prepaid. We will be happy to collect the fees over the phone by credit card.
· Please remember, borrowed or accrued points for use at Welk Resorts have a 60-day reservation window.
· Family and friends may use your vacation ownership points at no additional cost. Please call and confirm a reservation. You will need to send a written and signed letter authorizing the release of your reserved vacation to your guest. Include your guest’s name and address, as well as the check-in date of your week and Welk resort name. You may send the letter by mail to Owner Services at Welk Resorts, 8860 Lawrence Welk Dr, Escondido, CA 92026 or by fax at 760.597.9355 (WELK).
· Please keep in mind that you will be responsible for all personal charges and/or damages to the villa resulting from your guests.
· All guests under twenty-one (21) years of age, must be accompanied by you or a guest twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
· You also have the option of giving points to another Platinum Member at no additional charge. You will need to send a written and signed letter authorizing the transfer of your points.
· Platinum Owners have deeds that are held in Trust that are being conveyed through a Certificate of Title. This ownership is a perpetuity program that gives the same benefits Welk Resorts has always offered our owners. The Certificate of Title is for “X” number of Points.
· Just call Owner Services at 1.800.240.9342 and we will assign a week and place it directly into your exchange account. Let us know if you would like to deposit points equivalent to a Studio (90,000 points) a One Bedroom (120,000 points) or a Two Bedroom (240,000 points). Please keep in mind that all fees must be current. If you wish to deposit points for a future year, Maintenance Fees for that year must be prepaid. We will be happy to collect the fees over the phone by credit card.
· You may deposit your week with an outside exchange company fifteen (15) months in advance of your “use” year. All fees must be current and prepayment of your Maintenance Fees will be required.
· If you wish to deposit a future year, Maintenance Fees for that year must be prepaid. Contact Owner Services at 1.800.240.9342 and select option two to be forwarded to your Vacation Owners Association or option one for Owner Services. We will be happy to collect the fees over the phone by credit card.
· The exchange companies will only accept deposits in full week increments. Please call Owner Services at 1.800.240.9342 for more information.