WIN A ROLE in the WELK RESORTS production of FOOTLOOSE
WIN A ROLE in the WELK RESORTS production of FOOTLOOSE – TALENT COMPETITION @ the Welk Resorts Theatre – Friday, March 19th at the Welk Theatre.
One lucky talented performer will be selected to be a cast member in the exciting new live production of FOOTLOOSE , the Musical opening in May, 2010 and running 8 weeks
A small group of professional and celebrity judges will preside over the competition and award the role in the show.
ADDITIONAL PRIZES INCLUDE:
- DINNER FOR TWO – GIFT CARD AT THE CANYON GRILLE.
- AN AUDITION COACHING SESSION WITH THE DIRECTOR OF THE SHOW.
- A VOICAL TECHNIQUE SESSION WITH JOSHUA CARR, PRODUCER OF THE SHOW.
THE COMPETITION - Sing a short selection in the style of the show no longer than 1 minute in length – Accepted styles – Rock & Roll, R&B, Pop, Musical Theatre – please no CDS or Tapes, must have sheet music in proper key, accompanist provided. 10 Finalists will be selected and will sing once more and be taught a dance/movement combination.
- Must be 18 years of age to participate in competition by first rehearsal (on or around April 23rd). Show opens May 6th and runs through June 27th, 2010.
- Non union only – Actors Equity Association Members are not eligible to compete.
- Must be available for ALL rehearsals and performances.
- Specific role assignment will be determined by director, musical director and producer.
- If there is interest to be considered for a specific role beyond the talent competition prize, winner will be invited to the regular audition callbacks for further exploration. This does not deny the winner from being a part of the show.
- Due to time constraints, all candidates MUST be signed up prior to the 10AM competition start time. Sign in begins at 9:30 AM. Competition begins promptly at 10:00 AM.
- Please bring picture and resume and/or a clear photo and short summery of your experience in the entertainment industry.
- Participating in the competition does not guarantee moving to the dance or final rounds.
- If not selected in this competition we encourage attendance at the regular scheduled Footloose auditions in Escondido or Los Angeles. Please check website for details.
This will be an open, free event to the public – reservations strongly suggested.
For more info contact Joshua Carr, Producer at (760) 749-3000 x22148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
760-749-3182 x 22148