The Ultimate Southern California Music Festival You’ve Probably Never Heard Of: KAABOO
Forget lackluster festivals that promise big but fail to deliver. Check out KAABOO, the festival created by music lovers, for music lovers. This premium music festival was uniquely curated to appeal to all five of your senses, with world-class music, hilarious comedy, inspiring contemporary art, gourmet cuisine, craft libations and personal indulgences. The three-day festival returns to Del Mar Fairgrounds September 15-17 and the line-up is sure to please with Red Hot Chili Peppers, P!nk, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Muse, plus nearly 100 more music and comedy acts.
To help you get the most out of your weekend pass, we’ve researched the top features that make this Southern California Music Festival an annual hit.
What makes KAABOO different?
KAABOO is not one-size-fits-all—it offers options for you to decide how you want to spend your time. There’s something for everyone between the many genres of music, diverse bullpen of talented comedians, massive contemporary art fair, and wide assortment of culinary and craft beverage choices.
KAABOO is an upscale experience, including flushing toilets (no porta-potties!), indoor venues with seating and air conditioning (to get out of the sun if you need a little break), and spa and beauty services called Indulgences throughout the venue.
KAABOO places a premium on quality cuisine, with nationally acclaimed chefs and restaurants participating during the three-day festival. This includes The Palate stage, home to the KAABOO Rock’N Chef Competition, where chefs from around the region give live demonstrations and compete for the annual title.
A tremendous focus on art. Attendees can enjoy the large outdoor mural exhibitions towering over the venue, as well as the contemporary art show featuring works by over 80 galleries and individual artists. Such a concentrated gathering of artistic talent makes this one of Southern California’s largest art festivals.
BASK, the Vegas-style dayclub at the Grandview Stage. With an upgraded day pass or private cabana purchase, you can watch all the acts on the Grandview stage right from the cool comforts of the BASK pool.
CLUB ELEVATE, the Vegas-style nightclub where patrons stay late and dance to live music by some of today’s best DJs. Reserve a table for up to eight guests to enjoy lounge seating and private bottle service (additional fees apply).
What bands will be part of the 2017 lineup?
KAABOO is proud to announce one of the most diverse lineups of all US-based music festivals. You typically only see this type of billing on European festival lineups. There’s something that will appeal to every generation, from legacy acts to the newer bands that formed because of them. Below is a list of just a few of our favorites:
- Red Hot Chili Peppers—Made in Los Angeles, featuring lyrics peppered with SoCal references. This band is proud of its roots! It’s what has helped make them hometown heroes since their beginnings in the 80’s.
- Weezer—Another L.A. group that hit major paydirt during the 90’s. Millennials love ‘em.
- David Guetta—Originally from Paris, France, Guetta has had a huge global impact in the DJ world. Building on an already strong electronic scene in SoCal, he is one of the most recognizable names in the genre.
- Ice Cube—Credited as one of the founding artists of “gangsta rap,” and arguably one of the most influential rappers since he began his career in the mid-80’s. Many people recognize Cube for his roles in many popular Hollywood flicks.
- Kesha—Another SoCal star with a large following among millennials. Her first breakthrough single was “Right Round,” a collaboration with fellow KAABOO artist Flo Rida.
What comedians will perform at KAABOO 2017?
The KAABOO comedy lineup will have you rolling. This year’s comedy sets are diverse, with contemporary heroes like Nick Swardson and Demetri Martin, as well as veteran acts like David Spade and Arsenio Hall. Here’s a few of our favorites from the list of top shows you won’t want to miss:
- Sebastian Maniscalco—Although he’s from Chicago, Maniscalco began his career performing in bars and bowling alleys while working as a waiter at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills. He has three consecutive Showtime specials aired from 2012-2016, and is one of the hottest comedians in the game right now.
- David Spade—An all-star resume, including a long tenure on Saturday Night Live, and popular comedy films like Tommy Boy, Black Sheep, and Joe Dirt. Of everyone on the lineup, his name spans all generations that attend KAABOO—he has remained a relevant name for decades.
- Nick Swardson—Originally from Minneapolis, Swardson relocated to Los Angeles in the late 90’s and headlined at many area nightclubs. He’s was a staple name of the hit T.V. show Reno 911! and even co-wrote the screenplay for Malibu’s Most Wanted. More recently, he partnered with Adam Sandler’s Happy Madison Productions to produce films like Grandma’s Boy.
- Demetri Martin—Born and raised in NYC, Martin eventually became a contributor on the Daily Show for many years. His own Comedy Central show Important Things with Demetri Martin has been one of the hottest shows on the network.
Hit any or all of the attractions on our list and you’ll be well on your way to KAABOO mastery. Think we missed something? Ridiculously excited to see a certain act this year at KAABOO? Tell us in a comment below.
Congratulations to our VIP sweepstakes winner, Jennifer Hays!
Even though the sweepstakes is over, we still have a special KAABOO gift for all our Welk fans and followers. Use our exclusive discount code WELK10 at checkout for 10% off KAABOO Hang Loose 3-Day and Single Day passes.
PURCHASE DISCOUNT TICKETS NOW