Best Summer Dip Recipes: When I Dip, You Dip, We Dip
Summer is here and what better way to ring in the sun-splashed season than with festive, fun dips that are sure to please the entire party? We’ve found the tastiest choices of the summer and detailed these sweet and savory dip recipes below. Dig in and enjoy!
LIGHTENED UP 7-LAYER DIP
- 1 can (14 oz.) non-fat refried beans
- 1 cup hummus (try the roasted red pepper variety)
- ½ packet (1.25 oz) taco seasoning (low sodium variety)
- 1 jar (16 oz.) chunky red salsa
- 1½ cups pico de gallo
- 1½ cups guacamole
- 1 cup reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Optional Flag Topping:
- Black beans, drained and rinsed
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
In an 8 x 8 pan, spread the refried beans in an even layer. In a bowl, combine the hummus and half the package of taco seasoning. Mix well. Spread the hummus evenly on top of the beans. Top evenly with remaining layers starting with the chunky salsa and ending with the guacamole. Top with cheese and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Serve with your favorite chips!
Optional flag topping: Place a handful of black beans in the corner of the dip on top of the guacamole. Shape them into a square. Place the cherry tomato halves in a few straight lines alternating with lines of cheese in between.
PATRIOTIC CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES
Now, let’s add a little fruit to the mix for a slightly healthy alternative snack that all starts with a dip (of the best kind—chocolate!).
- 1 pint strawberries
- Wilton Chocolate Disc Melts (blue and white)
- Patriotic Jimmies, nonpareils, blue sugar crystals, edible glitter
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white candy discs for thirty-second intervals until melted, stirring in between intervals. Dip strawberries about half way up and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Let dry for 5-10 minutes. Melt blue candy discs the same as you did the white discs. Dip a few strawberries in the blue discs about ¼ way up, then add sprinkles. Dip a few in the white discs and add sprinkles. Place back on the parchment paper and let dry. Enjoy!
FOURTH OF JULY CHIPS AND CHEESE DIP
Because what is more dip-delicious than cheese?
- 1-½ cups Cracker Barrel Vermont White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup diced Vidalia onion
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon herbs de provence
- ¼ teaspoon creole seasoning
Combine all ingredients until mixed thoroughly. Place in baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling hot!
RED, WHITE, AND BLUE CAKE BATTER DIP
Craving something sweet? We are too. This cake batter dip will do just the trick!
- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 4 oz. cool whip, thawed
- 1 cup white cake mix, dry
- ½ cup sprinkles
Beat or stir together the cream cheese, cool whip, and cake mix until fully combined. Stir in the majority of the sprinkles. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining sprinkles. Serve with fruit, crackers, or cookies.
JALAPEÑO POPPER DIP
Looking for a bit of heat to really take your party up a notch? This jalapeño popper dip has a delicious kick of heat that compliments any sunny summer party.
- 1 4 oz. can of jalapeño peppers (diced)
- 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 cup bread crumbs (optional)
Mix together the cream cheese and sour cream until it’s smooth. Mix in the jalapeños, bacon and one cup of the shredded cheese (use your favorite cheese). Spread the mixture into a baking dish (we used a 9×9 baking dish). Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese and bread crumbs over the top of the mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy on French bread, crackers or chips.
HOT CHEESY ONION DIP
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1½ cups shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup caramelized onions
- Fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cream cheese, yogurt, mayo, one cup shredded cheese, pepper, salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir in caramelized onions. Transfer to oven-safe dish and bake for 25-30 minutes. Broil on high 3-5 minutes or until bubbly and browned. Top with fresh parsley and serve.
Which of these summer dip recipes are you most excited to try? Share photos of you and your creations in the comments section below.
Hungry for more? Check out our bites and beverages section and don’t forget to subscribe to our blog for future dips and sips to savor!
Happy summer, and happy Fourth of July, from our Welk family to yours!