A Taste of Cabo: Estrella’s Shrimp Ceviche Recipe
Bring Your Vacation Culinary Experience Home With You!
For all of our foodie Owners out there, we’re with you! If you’re anything like our team, one of your favorite things to do on vacation is to explore new local flavors and best of all, sit back and enjoy someone else cooking for you!
Bringing the tastes of vacation home with you can also transport your family back to the moments you were enjoying new tastes and experiences on vacation. Another benefit is to change up the whole routine around your everyday dinner habits – where planning your next vacation is the topic of the table!
- Buy local spices
- Take a cooking class
- Talk to the chef
- Ask a local where to eat
- Bring home your favorite recipe
Edgar Palau is Executive Chef at Estrella Restaurante at Sirena del Mar by Welk Resorts. His mouthwatering Shrimp Ceviche is just the thing you can make at home to bring back those delicious vacation days in Cabo. Here’s how:
Estrella’s Shrimp Ceviche
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled, de-veined and chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow, red or white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Salt to taste
- Tostadas or tortilla chips, for dipping
Prepare ingredients per recipe, toss together in large ceramic or glass bowl, chill and enjoy with fresh tortilla chips hot from the oven! Great with a cold craft Mexican beer or frosty margarita.